The Mangakahia Area School library is available to students and the community. It is both a recreation area and an information centre.
In the past year, the library has purchased more than 500 books with the focus being on the social studies curriculum area.
The community library continues to purchase books for adults and pre-schoolers. Displays in the library help make it an interesting place to visit.
The library is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm.
Closed during breaks - 10.30-11am and 12.30-1pm.
Did you know...
Your community library features the following:
- Free membership to all in the community
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- New releases and popular authors
- Reference section
- Picture books - toys and games for children while you browse.
- Large printed books
- Adult community library with book exchange from the Whangarei Community library on a regular basis
- New Zealand Herald and Northern Advocate newspapers
- Periodicals, including NZ Geographic, Memories and Mana
- Local historian and archive